Friday, May 20, 2005

Did another 6-mile run this afternoon. I have a question for any other long distance runners who read my Xanga. What do you do about your feet? My problem is that my body can run more than six miles, but by that point my feet/ankles are killing me. I'm considering buying an ankle brace for my right ankle, but I'm really looking for something to alleviate the foot pain. Is it just my shoes or what? I run on streets/sidewalks most of the time, but that's because running on the grass presents too uneven of a surface for my ankles to hold up (they've always been easy to sprain).
Wow, that was a long question. As far as the rest of my life goes, I'm on a healthy diet and going to classes. I have little to no life, but I'm okay with that. The rest of the year presents me with endless opportunities to be busy, so I'm enjoying the downtime. I'm going to Omaha tomorrow for my friend Beth's 21st birthday. She doesn't drink, so we're going to the zoo and then out to dinner in the evening. Sunday presents organ at church in the morning and an organ recital in the afternoon. Jieun Kim Newland is presenting her undergraduate recital. Mrs. Horner from the Modern Languages department invited me along with Dr. Shannon, so the three of us are going down together and then out to Korma Sutra, an Indian restaurant, after the recital. Indian food usually equals spicy, so I'm looking forward to it.
I'm getting a rumbly in my tumbly as Pooh would say, so I'm going to go scavenge my apartment for something nourishing. Don't forget to watch the Muppet Wizard of Oz movie tonight. It's supposedly very well done.

No comments: