Friday, May 06, 2005

I just saw brother for the last time for at least a year. That's right. Unless I visit Michigan before early July, I will not see my brother for quite some time, hopefully as soon as my wedding next June. He's going to school in Brisbane, Australia in July, and that is quite the distance to travel, not to mention expen$ive. Many of you don't know my brother, but he is one of my major role models in life, and I'll miss the opportunities to visit with him every so often. We don't communicate a lot now, but we could if we wanted to. However, Australia prevents any kind of hanging out that is common between us. We can chat and email, but it's just not the same as hanging out, playing video games and cracking jokes. Send good thoughts for a safe journey and safe adventure in Australia because I want him coming back in one piece.I almost regret taking summer classes in May and June because I'll miss hanging out with him and my little sister Elizabeth, but I want to get school out of the way as soon as I can. I'm ready to leave this transitory state of undergrad pursuit and nail down some kind of authentic life. I feel like some serious commitment to life will help define exactly what kind of person I am. Not that I'm living my life in pursuit of self-definition... I'm just ready to move on to something more...I don't know. I guess you'd understand if you felt the same way.Anyway, the point of this post was to share my sadness with you. I have a lot of brothers in Phi Mu Alpha, but Mike has been with me since day one. Brothers by blood and common experience.

No comments: