Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Another day. Another book.
I think my voracious appetite for reading has abated with the completion of the third book in this series. My thirst for reading is insatiable, but I think I'm ready to start writing for myself now rather than reading others' works.
I'm feeling a little bit more at ease. I'm not sure what caused this weird emotional/mental state, but it seems to be fading. I still have no desire to do homework. I suppose I should write my reporting I story before I go to sleep tonight because I don't want to get up early tomorrow and write it.
I'm going to borrow an idea from Tipps and write a very long post and require those who read it to comment. But what to talk about? I could tell you all about the premise for my novel, but then I'd have to kill you. I suppose I could let you know that it's loosely based on an actual event, but that wouldn't be very accurate. Maybe if the actual event were changed dramatically and people who were involved with the orginal were wiped from history. Even then it wouldn't be accurate. I guess I got the idea from somewhere in my subconcious. I just hope people will like the story once it's completed.
It's late evening, and thus I am wearing my hat. I picked up this nifty Adidas hat when I went down to Kansas City Memorial Day Sunday. I'm not a big fan of hats, but this one called to me. And Adidas always reminds me of my trip to France. "Why?" you may ask. Simple, I browsed by many Adidas watch shops, and that's how I decided that I liked the brand. Rather than one of those digital sport watches, I have a cool analog silver Adidas watch, but I need to get it fixed. I haven't worn it at all since Feb. (I think) because I broke one of the posts and I haven't investigated getting it fixed anywhere.
Beth came over for dinner this evening. I had fun hanging out with her and our conversations always seem to drift aimlessly. We ended up talking for a good 2.5 hours, but it was quality. It's always nice to sit down with a friend and just talk about whatever comes to mind. I also made a pretty kickass chicken and rice dish, so yay for me. I'm pretty handy in the kitchen, but I have limited tools and supplies here on campus. I found one recipe that I really wanted to try, but the ingredients were a little obscure, plus I'm not 21 yet and thus cannot buy the wine to use in the recipe. Soon enough, but even then I'm living on campus. Dry campus.
I'm really looking forward to going out of town this weekend. I've been out of town for afternoons or even whole days since I started classes this summer, but I've spent every night in Maryville. I just need to escape the town, you know? I've always been the kind of person who needs to change things up a bit once in awhile. Usually that comes about in the form of a weekend escape or rearranging my living space. However, I seem to have blocked myself into the setup of my bedroom because of space constraints. I just can't live without a bookcase and I thought my keyboard would come into great use in the next year.
I've now decided that I'll just get up earlier tomorrow and write my reporting I story because I realized my tape recorder is in my car and this post is taking longer to write than I expected. I'm really glad Jody is so flexible in Design II. I'll probably just crank out the story in that class, but I may try to work on it before I leave in the morning. I'd rather have class at 7:30 and 1:20 in the summer and have to get up early than go at 10:10 and 1:20. I need a longer break between these extended classes.
Has anyone else seen those Nike Free shoes that have the tagline "run barefoot." I'm curious how those shoes actually feel. I ran three-fourths of a mile barefoot at the end of my last six mile run, and it was an pretty cool feeling. I'm sure they're expensive, but maybe they'd be worth trying on at least. I'm not sure I'll actually try them, but I'm considering it.
Well, that's about all I have to write for now. Remember that if you've read this far you are required to comment. This post was brought to you by the letter 'B' and the number 12.

No comments: