Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Well, the day is coming to a close, sort of. I still have homework to do, but I'm seriously considering putting it off until tomorrow morning. Thanks to all of you who wished me a happy birthday today. I'm sure you're all excited to hear about the adventures of my 21st birthday, so here goes.
I woke up at 7 a.m. I thought this was highly irregular so I snoozed until 8. Finally deciding I shouldn't fight the morning, I woke up and took a shower. In the shower, I decided I should go for a morning run, but I realized I'd have to shower again before class, so I decided against it. I made myself scrambled eggs for breakfast and had some yogurt too while I watched E.R. on TNT.
At 10, I left for Design II, where I quickly finished the in-class assignment and then left. My upper back was hurting me. Probably because I sneezed Sunday and since I was in a reclining position I lifted myself up and sneezed away from the furniture and fell back down hard after the very powerful sneeze. I think I threw something out of whack.
Made myself a nice lunch of grilled chicken breast with some olive oil. I watched half an episode of Judging Amy while reading through Google News. At 1:10, I left for Reporting I. Went about things as normal in that class and then came back to my apartment. Decided it was time to go grocery shopping because my fridge and shelves were empty, so I headed out to Walmart. While there, I did pick up some alcohol just because I'm 21 now. Came back to my apartment and proceeded to track down a missing package. Found it and called my future in-laws to chat.
Watched some Charmed while waiting for my dinner meeting. Went to A&G's with Laura Widmer and discussed several things re: Tower yearbook. Very nice meeting, and I had one of my favorite foods: gyros. That meeting lasted about an hour and after I stopped by the Episcopal chuch to pick up some materials for my design class. I also revamped the hymn schedule through July 17. That took about 45 minutes.
Come 8:30 and I decide to go running. I'd give the exact route, but that would take too long and I forgot all the roads I ended up taking. I ran 8.2 miles and was going strong until my right calf suddenly spasmed and cramped up. I almost fell down. I walked it off for about .2 miles and then decided to give it another go. I made it .1 miles before my left leg did the same thing. So, I walked the rest of the way home. Total trip distance: 9.7 miles. The one bad thing about my run (besides the cramping): I ran out of water at about 6.5 miles. Needless to say, I ended up very dehydrated and now I feel like vomiting.
That's basically my day. I'd say that there is more excitement to come, but I'm exhausted and not feeling well after my run. All in all, I think it was a great birthday. No big celebrations, just another day. Nice.
Hope your 20th of June was as enjoyable as mine.

No comments: