Wednesday, August 17, 2005

So, a little bit more serious of a post is in order. I have finally returned to Maryville after my little travel adventure. I do leave for yearbook retreat this weekend, but I'm pretty much back here for good. As I sit and look at my ever-growing "to do" list, I realize that I might just have to trim my involvement a bit.

Yes, my friends, I am thinking about leaving the Tower Choir after my brilliant one-semester stint. I could really use the extra time, and there's also the issue of a conflict of dates between journalism and choir. You see, I've been planning to go to New Orleans for the College Media Advisers national fall conference, but Tower Choir has two, yes TWO, performances during that time period. I figure I'll still be involved with music as a member of PMA and as church organist, but I just can't bring myself to sign on for this.

If I do drop TC, I'll get going from 18 hours to 17 hours, the first time I've dipped below the max since freshman year. I'm pretty certain I'm going to gracefully bow out, so it would take some major convincing to change my mind at this point.

For those of you who don't care whether I'm in Tower Choir (for example, you are not involved), I heard an interesting tidbit today on NPR's Fresh Air. The had Dr. Warren Clark, the founder of eHarmony.com, on the show today. They were discussing the history of the site as well as some of the issues surrounding it. One part really caught my attention and made me think. Clark said the site does not cater to homosexuals because they don't have the research to know how gays connect on an emotional level and what their relationships are like. I am heterosexual, and so maybe I don't understand the difference, but quite frankly, I don't think there is a difference between what heterosexuals look for in a relationship and what homosexuals want. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the matter. Do homosexuals seek different emotions in their relationships than heterosexuals?

No comments: