Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I suppose I should clarify a few things so as to avoid offending anyone. My spiritual troubles are my own, and I don't expect, or want, anyone to show me the way. I don't have anything wrong with Christianity, but I always feel as if Christians are trying to convert me to their side. I'm usually very passive about religion, but I think my inundation in a religious environment has affected me. I've become somewhat irritable because of it. I realize that my roommates are just trying to include me in their lives, but I'm so aversive to religion that I feel they're disappointed when I turn them down. I guess it's all supposed judgment, but I always get a sense of Thy Way or the Highway. I have some issues with accepting all facets of a religion and not relying on my own sense of what is right and just. I often feel Christians are focusing too much on "the Son of God" and the crucifixion of the man. I don't think anyone has it right. I think the important thing to remember is that our own values should match our religion's. I don't completely mesh with Christianity, so I'm still trying to find what fits me. But I am not lost. I don't feel any sense of emptiness by not identifying with a religion right now. Don't pray for my soul. I hate that.

No comments: