Wednesday, October 12, 2005

So, I'm going to start off this post by telling everyone about my experience giving blood Tuesday. I went over to the Station at about 1 p.m. and waited to sign up for giving blood. I filled out all the paperwork and eventually got on a bed. After waiting for awhile, they finally stabbed me with the needle and proceeded to drain me. I was truckin' along and I was almost through when one of the technicians came over to check on my progress. Now, if you've ever given blood you know that that take the bag off the hook and move it back and forth to make sure it's not clotting. Well, when the technician picked up the bag, she dropped it. This caused the needle to do a happy little jig inside my vein. I almost threw up/passed out. It was horrible. I finished up donating and they asked me how I was feeling as they took the last vial of blood for testing. "I'm a little nauseated," I said. So they laid me down and put a couple ice packs on me. Needles freak me out, but dancing needles in my veins make me ill, even now. However, I now have this lovely bruise and my arm hurts even 36 hours after giving blood. But, as they say, it's for a good cause.
In other news, it was dress up day for Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, and I felt quite stylish. People dig my hair. It wasn't too painful to dress up all day, but I'd normally ditch the tie. I went to Margaret Cho tonight. I felt a little out of place because the room was full of gay guys, but it wasn't a big deal. Besides, Margaret Cho is too funny to skip out just because you're feeling a little outnumbered. She had some very good points to make, and I don't think I've laughed that much in some time. I was sorry to miss rehearsal for skit, but I wasn't going to miss out on a comedy show. I'll be there all the other times, so I figured I won't burn in hell for too long.
I'm debating whether to finish my award bid right now and then sleep or sleep for awhile then finish my award bid. I think I'll go with the latter.
Coming soon: a change in career plans? find out more later.

No comments: