Thursday, January 19, 2006

I need more bookshelf space. I'm about three shelves over capacity. I suppose the alternative would be for me to slim down my collection, but that's just foolishness. Maybe I can just get rid of my bed and put more bookshelves in my room.So, here's my tentative schedule for March:
March 16-18 - College Media Advisers national convention, New York, New York
March 19-26 - Spring Break/Wedding Planning, Hastings, Michigan
March 29-April 2 - Sigma Tau Delta annual convention, Portland, Oregon.


That's a lot of travel. I have to admit, it would have been cooler to go to the Sigma Tau Delta conference last year--it was in Daytona Beach.


"Um...that's all I've got...um...God's good, but you know that already." - Anon.


"Just in case you get bored, we're having a conversation about God right now." - Anon.


"Of the colors, blue and green have the greatest emotional range. Sad reds and melancholy yellows are difficult to turn up. Among the ancient elements, blue occurs everywhere: in ice and water, in the flame as purely as in the flower, overhead and inside caves, covering fruit and oozing out of clay. Although green enlivens the earth and mixes in the ocean, and we find it, copperish, in fire; green air, green skies, are rare."
From William Gass, On Being Blue (p. 75)

No comments: