Friday, February 10, 2006

FOUR JOBS I HAVE HAD
1. Walmart Pets & Live Fish the primary purpose of this job was scooping and counting dead fish, cleaning aquariums and selling those few surviving fish. I've seen our aquatic friends in all states of decomposition thanks to this job, and in the end, I quit because they stopped scheduling me to do this.
2. Church Choir Accompanist in high school, pulling in 80 bucks for three hours of work per week was nice, very nice. However, it did ensure that I went to church every Sunday, a habit that I've continued because I still work at a church.
3. Insurance processor in a cubicle, for two summers and one winter break. Very straightforward job: take application, enter application, check application, submit. Very boring job. I've spent my birthday in a cubicle. I feel like an adult.
4. Centennial Research Assistant Ask me anything about Northwest history. I can either tell you the answer or tell you where you need to look. I've read every issue of the Missourian from 1920, 1925, 1930, 1935, 1945, 1950, 1955, 1960, 1965, 1970, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2000 and 2005 along with the two history books and almost every yearbook. I am a wellspring of useless data.

FOUR MOVIES I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER
1. Frida - The unibrow just doesn't get to me. I think it bothered me for the first couple minutes but then I became enthralled in the story. Great piece.
2. Spirited Away - I loves me my subtitles.
3. Amelie - "How many people are having an orgasm right now?" "Fifteen."
4. dead tie between Dead Poets Society and What Dreams May Come - don't you just love puns?

FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED
1. Independence, Missouri Ages 1-4.
2. Buckner, Missouri Ages 4-16.
3. Hastings, Michigan Ages 16-19 The land that time forgot.
4. Maryville, Missouri Because I loves me my small towns.

FOUR TV SHOWS I LOVE
1. Futurama - funny, underappreciated show.
2. Family Guy - Why not?.
3. The Daily Show - America needs its fake news.
4. Iron Chef - Chuck Norris is Iron Chef Roundhouse Kick.

FOUR PLACES I HAVE VACATIONED
1. Sanibel Island, Florida - Nice!
2. Deerlodge, Montana - there's a drive-in restaurant right next to a prison. gotta love my dad's hometown.
3. Albuquerque, New Mexico - I love the desert landscape and summer flash floods.
4. Estes Park, Colorado - I've been there several times in my life. I think it belongs to a part of my past that's long gone. I haven't been in about 10 years. I'm so much different now, I'm not sure I can go back.

FOUR OF MY FAVORITE THINGS TO EAT
1. Jambalaya
2. Paninis
3. Gyros
4. Children


FOUR SITES I VISIT DAILY
1. You Know How You Do
2. Be The Boy
3. Toothpaste For Dinner
4. The Superficial

No comments: