Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I have a job interview at 3 p.m. I'm quite nervous about it. Actively finding a job has been one of my great projects since the beginning of April. This is my first interview that has come up because of said job search. According to my sources, there are two other candidates applying for the job. None of us have all the experience they are looking for, but I feel a little disadvantaged. I know I'd be great for the job, and I put a lot of thought into it before I even applied. Now that it's so close, I really want it.

Naturally, said interview is keeping my mind awake, and so I find myself in front of the computer at 2 a.m. once again. I say once again because apparently my muse thinks I'm in Europe or something and that this time of the day is the best time for me to write. I do have to give it credit, though. It is very quiet here at 2 a.m.

I've been wanting to watch What Dreams May Come the last few nights, but I shouldn't. The score from the movie is in my "Writing" playlist on iTunes, and my story revolves around the afterlife. These two components are very dangerous. I'm afraid if I watched the movie it would taint my story (more than it probably has already).

Despite my desire to see a movie that I shouldn't, logically speaking, watch, I'm very content with the way things are proceeding in my writing. It took me awhile to stretch my creative muscle, but now the words are flying from my fingers (as is obvious if you've seen one of my Xanga comments). I'm suffering from Montezuma's Literary Revenge, and I hope to never recover. That's right, I drank the water of inspiration, and I ate the worm in the tequila of creativity.

Well, I'm going to try to get some sleep. And who knows, maybe my job search will soon end.

No comments: