Thursday, July 13, 2006

Well, I submitted an application for the advertising manager position. I was on the fence about the position, but I decided that I could do it for a year. In a way, I feel like I haven't moved on from graduating, but I suppose it's better than being unemployed. So now, wish me luck in getting an interview and the job.

What else is up with me? I just finished reading Peter and the Starcatchers, which was pretty good, although more targeted at children. It's one of those books that I would read to my children at bedtime. Lord knows I wouldn't read them my current story. It's far too weird for children.

Speaking of my current story, I'm pretty happy with how it's developing. I went back through what I had started and wrote myself out of the corner I had developed. However, in doing so, I've slightly altered the plotline, and I'm trying to figure out where I'm taking it next. I suppose I should just start writing and not worry too much about plot holes at this point. I need to get the bulk of the story out on paper and then fine tune. It's a difficult step for me because I want everything to be right the first time. Revision, revision, revision...

No comments: