Saturday, July 22, 2006

Well, tonight I wrote a meager 340 words on my story and then I came to a screeching halt.

The bad thing about writing a story as it comes to you is sometimes you need a jump start on the next scene. I stared at the screen for awhile, consulted my favorite book on novel writing for advice, and then decided to go for a run. I hoped running would give my mind time to think about where it's going next. Well, I put in three miles and came up with practically nothing, just vague ideas.

But it was not all for nothing. While showering after my run, I realized why I have not named my main character. It's funny how we have reasons for doing some things, but we don't always realize what those are until later. I'm less concerned about that now (and thanks to my lovely reader input), since I have a reasonable defense lest anyone challenge that.
Well, I might try writing a little bit, or I might just go to bed.

No comments: