Tuesday, August 15, 2006

So I switched to blogspot and then failed to consistently update. Good going, eh? So what's been going on in my life since August 3rd? Quite a bit, actually.

Probably the most exciting news is that I got a job. I'm working at Best Buy in the Home Essentials department. I'm a candidate for management, so they're keeping a close eye on me during my training and first few months here. With any luck, I'll wind up being the customer experience coordinator soon. Turns out my job as yearbook editor gave me a good leg up on the competition because I already have experience supervising employees.

Today was orientation for work and I'm working the rest of the week. It's a little inconvenient to have to drive to St. Joseph everyday for work, but it's better than being unemployed, no?

What else...I've been playing the Suikoden series for the past few weeks. I was feeling a bit nostalgic for the games, so I started with Suikoden I and I'm now on the third game. It's interesting to see how much the series has changed since 1996.

My brother is getting married in November, so I'm going back to Michigan for a weekend to be his best man. He and his fiancée were down in KC for a wedding this past weekend, so they spent Saturday night and Sunday here in Maryville. I hadn't really had a chance to meet Aimee, so I really enjoyed spending time with them. She's a nice girl, and I think they're good together.

I'm afraid I haven't done much writing in the past few weeks. I'm feeling rather uncreative right now. Plus, I was retyping my story (a good way for me to get more ideas) when I came across a statement my main character made that made me angry. He was trying to be profound, but it sucked. I got mad at him and haven't really touched it since. Hopefully he'll learn to avoid making such comments in the future. Actually, I just need to restructure a conversation to remove the necessity for him to be profound, but I'm not feeling up to it right now.

I'll get back on the creative horse soon. Until then, Phoebe (our kitten) will take care of creative expression in this household.

No comments: