Saturday, September 02, 2006

My job makes me feel like this:



However, instead of trying to sell you a car that was just owned by a little old lady who drove it back and forth to church every week, I'm trying to sell you a TV while the store managers are breathing down my neck pressuring for the sale.

Add in mystery shoppers and it's no wonder I haven't written anything creative lately. I can't seem to get away from this job. I even dream about it.

I had a nice talk with Nick D. today about why job satisfaction is so low in retail. Simply put, we don't produce anything. We can bust our butts working the sales floor, but in the end, we have nothing to hold in our hands to show that we worked hard and did a good job. True, the store has profits, but it's all too abstract.

Anyway, that's just my thought on the matter. Now can I interest you in this Pinto?

No comments: