Friday, December 01, 2006

I found this journal entry from December 2004 this evening. I think I really latched onto my current style in this short excerpt.

I guess I'm destined to write things with a twist of the melancholy spirit. It's part of who I am, it's Blue. I don't deny my past, but I'm finding ways to continue on...isn't that the point of life? Strength, emotional strength, drives us to be who we are. Physical strength comes into that as well, but only to the extent of getting up from the table, stepping on the bus, and going to work. We live in several worlds simultaneously. Emotional, physical, pyschological, past, present, future all combine to create one day. As a whole, most people are flawed in all of those aspects, but that's what makes humanity such a beautiful thing. Recognition of the flaw, acceptance of it. Those are the things that matter.

No comments: