Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Wild Adventures of Grandpa Squeaky Knees

I'm afraid I haven't been very loyal to this blog as of late. I could supply all sorts of excuses, but you probably wouldn't be too interested in hearing them.

Probably the most exciting news in my life is that I am back in school. Barely. I'm taking The Native American Novel this semester with six other graduate students. I didn't realize just how much I missed class until I got back in my environment. Reading a novel each week is a little demanding, but nothing I can't handle.

I went to the doctor the other day, and she confirmed what I have believed to be the truth for some time: I am 80 years old. So she gave me some arthritis medication, and I hobbled out the door. Truth be told, I have tendinitis in my knees, which causes them to squeak like rusty hinges when I'm placing too much stress on them. It's my own fault because I had this crazy idea that I could work out for an hour and immediately head to work where I spend 8+ hours constantly moving, bending, and lifting. Needless to say, I've been told to take it easy for awhile.

Despite my geriatric joints, my personal health screening today showed that I'm relatively healthy otherwise. Apparently I am doing some things right in the personal health area.

Well, Grandpa Squeaky Knees (as I have been dubbed) is off to bed, but hopefully it won't be as long until my next update.

No comments: